[wp-polyglots] french translation

Xavier Borderie xavier.borderie at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 09:59:42 GMT 2005

> OK Xavier, I don't mind. So if you think we should go for article, then we
> will have to read the translation through and amend the sentences with other
> words.

I'm not saying "my way or the highway" here =)
We could have a little vote and everything (even between the four of
us in this thread) =)

Something I didn't think about : posts are not limited to texts, but
can contain about anything. "Une entrée" (Antidote : "Dans un
dictionnaire, unité graphique mise en vedette et qui fait l'objet d'un
article") looks fitting in that prospect, but "article" also has the
idea of "part of a whole" which can work (and which billet doesn't
have), as the second definition from Antidote I paste shows.

> > Article :
> >  - Sujet distinct d'un texte. . Texte possédant une
> > unité de contenu et faisant partie d'une publication
> >  - Unité de base pour le classement, la description et
> > le rangement des documents.

A post can not be text, and "billet" to me sounds very text-only. As
always, IMBW.

x.