[Wp-install] I think it's time..

Aneko Studios shelly at anekostudios.com
Tue Sep 26 15:22:14 GMT 2006

I haven't completely read through everyone's replies to this one, so if
I'm reiterating anyone else, I apologize.

I was thinking on this yesterday, and I came to the conclusion (or idea,
really) that 1) whoever responded to a comment should be the one to
delete it, since the responder wouldn't know what's actually going on
(maybe things are on hold for a reason); and 2) delete all the ones that
are hanging out up until 2 weeks ago.  Keep 'em up for 2 weeks and then
let it go, I say.  But the original "answerer" should be responsible for
deleting the comments they responded to, I think.

I also had another thought - could we mark the ones that are absolutely
completed with a successful installation as "approved"?  My thought
process is that we don't want them to be deleted because I think it's a
good idea to know who has had experience with what servers and problems,
so we know who to ask if there are questions.  It's also nice to have a
record of the ones that were successful should anything come up.
However, after a while it's gonna get bogged down like it is now with
all of them.  So I was thinking maybe we could remove the ability for
comments to be displayed on the site (keep the comment *form* - just
don't display any previously made comments, or just set the comments to
"display:none" on the website), and just approve the successful ones.
That way, all the moderated ones are the ones we're working on, and the
approved ones we can go through and see what solutions were to issues
and stuff.

I also wanted to address spencer's thoughts of quitting on us.  You
better not! LOL

I don't mind taking on what I can, but I also run my own web design
business (as well as raising two three kids and doing my little "CSS
help" website on the side) - I am a busy bee.  But I like to stay busy,
which is why I agreed to help.  And I do love to help.  But there *will*
be times when I cannot.  Right now, I'm getting into a week where I'm a
little too busy (just had 3 projects come in yesterday morning that
"need to be done last week" - I love clients who do that to you) to go
through the installs like I did this past weekend.  But when I have the
time to, I'll go for it like crazy.  But I just wanted to say that I'd
hate for people to leave thinking that I (for one) can be counted on to
check and attack what I see every day, because that won't happen.  It
will when I have time to - but I'd hate to see someone else struggling
because I had a higher priority that week.

Of course, I went into it thinking that *everyone* has a similar
situation - sometimes there are higher priorities - which is why we have
so many volunteers - someone to pick up the slack when people like me
have to let go for a bit.

Okay, my little novel is over - just wanted to put my stuff out there too :)

~Shelly