[Wp-install] I think it's time..

spencerp spencerp1 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 16:05:23 GMT 2006

>NOTE:  remember you can't just reply to emails on this list as >the reply goes to the originating person--you have to manually >address the reply to wp-install at lists.automattic.com

Thanks for pointing that out again Michael. =)  I was going to bring it up in the last reply of mine, but forgot it.

>I'd say delete all "unanswered" requests from the July 17 to >September 15. Then at the end of each month, delete those >"unanswereds" up to the 15th of that month.   I suggest each >person that originally claimed an install should go back and >delete those requests where the requestor never bother to
>respond to our solicitation.  Please keep track of how many >you delete and report that to the list so we can have a rough >idea of the number of requests we have received, versus the >number we've actually completed.

Sounds good to me! Pretty much answers my question in the last reply also. ;) =)

>The names on the list are people who volunteered for the >project originally. Unless they ask to be removed, assume >their silence means they wish to remain on the list.

Yeah, I suppose.. just would be nice to *hear from some people*, sometimes lmao! =P

> I guess after reading "the call to arms" email
> (http://comox.textdrive.com/pipermail/wp-forums/2006->September/003410.html)  I have to plead guilty to being >over-aggressive with the installations--if I see a request I >pounce on it.  But, I don't want to discourage others from >participating, so in that vain, I will wait at least one hour >before responding to any 'open' request.

Hahaha, "the call to arms" email..  Yeah, don't get me wrong though.. I *love* the fact that you're handling the installs, as well as the other *two* doodlebee and samboll.. ;) =)  You pouncing on them, don't bother me either lol! ;)

I guess we just gotta remember "Time Zones" in general too.. I'm not sure about everyone else, but.. I'm over here in crap/boring Pennsylvania...so I usually handle some from 12 midnight.. to the early mornings.. But, it also doesn't really bother me, that you're pouncing on the install requests.. because I'm *busy as hell* here, trying to get back everything I lost when my hard drive crashed sigh.. =(

>Your question and comment are somewhat opposing.  On the >one hand, do we need new blood to help with installs, but on >the other hand current installers aren't getting enough work.  >This is a damned if you do, damned if you don't, situation.  For >now, let's see if we get behind in fulfilling the requests and if >we do, make a call for help.

Yeah, I'm sorry for making it sound that way.. And I agree,.. with the current installers.. "we" seem to be handling them fine.. so, if things start to go/get crazy for "us" lol, we could cry for help. =)

>Just the nature of the game I suppose.  I've added a statement to https://install4free.wordpress.com/2006/06/25/get-in-touch/ asking that requesting individuals insure they have the proper server requirements. But, it is real apparent that many people just don't read...

Thanks for adding that, to that page. ;) I haven't even looked at that page lately..  Yeah sigh, I think most are just in such a rush, to overlook *alot* to *all* of the content.. sigh. I dunno though.. [scratches head].. =/

>Spencer, on a personal note, please remember this is >supposed to be fun. But on the other hand, take joy in the fact >real life DOES get in the way.

Yeah, I understand totally. ;) =)  Maybe a few self slaps, to the face would/could help lol.. =P

>Thanks for getting this moving

You're welcome. =)

>and please know your contributions to WordPress are valued.

Thank you!.. Same goes for your's too.. =) ;)

spencerp
/now.. off to eat breakfast/lunch/whatever.. and keep the phone free, for a few hours lol! =P