[wp-hackers] Removing edit theme files features

Andy Charrington-Wilden andycharrington at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 12:57:58 UTC 2013

I agree. The whole point is to make it accessible to users who dont know or want to use ftp.

How about introducing a system whereby the edited file is temporarily copied (with the changes) then run through php_check_syntax(), then providing a positive result, the changes are duplicated to the live copy and the temp file deleted?

I would happily write a plugin to do this if anyone is interested? I might do it anyway, as a POC.

:-)

Andy Charrington-Wilden
Fish Can't Whistle Limited

This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Fish Can't Whistle.
If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone.
Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error

Fish Can't Whistle Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales. Registered number: 7781289. Registered Office: Studio 30, Fazeley Studios, 191 Fazeley Street, Digbeth, Birmingham B5 5SE