[wp-hackers] JavaScript related functionality failure on some admin pages. 3.5.1

Haluk Karamete halukkaramete at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 21:41:54 UTC 2013

Thank you for your reply Aaron. But no, we have not installed that plug in.

As I said in my original post, I went thru the ritual of deactivating all
my plug ins including reverting to the twentyEleven.

Here is some more insight about this issue..

I do not have to live with the define('SCRIPT_DEBUG', true), I can
perfectly comment it out and use this instead;

define('CONCATENATE_SCRIPTS', false);

That works too. So I will be keeping that on as of now.

What I've also observed was this, whenever I use SCRIPT_DEBUG(TRUE) or
CONCATENATE_SCRIPTS(FALSE) solutions, the following takes place on the VIEW
SOURCE;

With them,  I get this on the source

<script type='text/javascript'
src='..../wp-includes/js/jquery/jquery.js?ver=1.8.3'></script>

Without, I get the following,

<script type='text/javascript'
src='....wp-admin/load-scripts.php?c=1&amp;load%5B%5D=jquery,utils,plupload,plupload-html5,plupload-flash,plupload-silverlight,plupload-html4,json2&amp;ver=3.5.1'></script>

which is exactly where the 404 was stemming from.

I read the codex on the  SCRIPT_DEBUG (
http://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress#SCRIPT_DEBUG )
which has the following to say...

SCRIPT_DEBUG is a related constant that will force WordPress to use the
> "dev" versions of core CSS and Javascript files rather than the minified
> versions that are normally loaded.

I rather leave the one-liner *define('CONCATENATE_SCRIPTS', false);* in the
config, than leaving the other one liner which is* the
define('SCRIPT_DEBUG', true);*
*
*