[wp-hackers] Multiple versions of same install independently running on same server

Andrew Spratley aspratley at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 16:55:22 UTC 2012

I believe plugins also store serialised arrays
http://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/24694/correct-way-to-serialize-the-data-of-options-table
when they store options, it makes it easy and generic to dump an array
and get it back in one piece. Plus you can never guarantee what and
how a plugin is storing data so always best to er on the side of
caution.

I didn't quite understand what the original question was asking.
Multiple WP sites can easily be run on the same server. You just need
to set them up as separate vhosts/sites under your webserver, create a
new directory for the WP files and user data and make a new database.

If you've installed apache et al via apt-get you'll probably need to
alter your apache config (/etc/apache2 ) to enable vhosts and point
them to the correct directory.