[wp-hackers] Multiple versions of same install independently running on same server

Kokarn kokarn at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 14:58:40 UTC 2012

Thanks for the good and informative answers.

Have seen those threads as well and i've also seen the interconnect IT
thing ported to be used for moving the wp db's to/from staging/production
but the script should work the same for two production sites. (
https://github.com/Ascerta/Wordpress-DB-clone )

Is the widget settings the only place where settings are saved like that?
If yes, then why?
The rest of wp seems to work perfectly fine without that sort of storing so
that could be something one could look into fixing in core to make it more
portable.