[wp-hackers] Using Live Database with Development environment

Dmitry Tokmakov dmitry at getmoxied.net
Fri Mar 2 00:12:14 UTC 2012

Hello!

I have the following situation which I am trying to resolve and am looking for some assistance with a strategy to do so.

I have:

1. A production WordPress site that is being edited very frequently.

2. A development WordPress site that needs to make use of the production sites database.

I would like to setup the development server to make use of the same db so when edits are made to the prod or dev enviroment all data is in sync.

Does anyone have any other experience with this type of situation or maybe can recommend a strategy to go about doing this?

Thank you in advance,

Dmitry Tokmakov
Digital Spin