[wp-hackers] Using Live Database with Development environment

Daniel Grundel daniel at webpresencepartners.com
Fri Mar 2 00:20:21 UTC 2012

Connecting a development site to my production database would make me a
little nervous. I'd be concerned that a plugin or something else on my dev
site would bork up my production database.

Have you considered setting up one way replication from your production db
to a second development db? That would keep the dev site up to date without
possibly compromising your production data.

Daniel J. Grundel
Web Presence Partners
webpresencepartners.com
772 678 0697