[wp-hackers] Stress testing WordPress

Martin Lazarov martin at lazarov.bg
Tue Jun 19 22:05:25 UTC 2012

How it will work depends on what hardware you have (RAM,CPU,HDD's) and
how much users you expect to visit your site at the same time. 100K
posts can be 1Gb mysql data, but can be 100GB of space required for
mysql to strore it. Posts numbers doesn't make real sense but posts
size (in bytes).

To optimize your migration routine you have to found where is the
bottleneck of this procedure (CPU,HDD)? Did you make mysql-server
optimizations?

And BTW this server will be shared hosting or what? Wordpress doesnt'
require ASP. You want to serve 1M posts from server doing any work
found in your office - this is wrong and you will have a lot of
problems sharing one big site with other stuff on one server.

Consider using cache plugins (for example hyper cache extended) - that
way you can overpower site usage spikes.

What about accessibility and high availability? Only one big server? (
= one big crash)