[wp-hackers] Get Buddy Press Profile Data outside a post loop (via userID)

Erick Hitter ehitter at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 03:27:35 UTC 2011

If memory serves, the function you're looking for is bp_get_profile_info.
It's either located on the core BuddyPress files or somewhere in the
xprofile files. I can get the exact function reference for you later
tonight, though a grep through the BuddyPress files may reveal what you
need.

Erick
On Jun 23, 2011 6:30 PM, "Andrew Gray" <andrew at graymerica.com> wrote:
> I am trying to use the data I have stored in Buddypress user profile as
part of a custom post type loop.

> I can get the author's name/ID/etc and other wordpress functions with "
<?php the_author_meta( 'ID' ); ?> "

> Is it possible to get buddypress profile information by using a function
like this, and the userID? bp_get_member_profile_data()