[wp-hackers] Making WordPress database independent

Matthew McGarity matthew at mcgarity.me
Mon Feb 7 18:14:52 UTC 2011

The issue of too many platforms to test is mitigated if all of the SQL calls
are encapsulated in wpdb -- right now, that's not the case.  If you get to
that point, I still think that you only develop WordPress to function on
MySQL, then leave it up to the third-party people to do the swap-out and
testing for their specific platforms.

MMc...

Matthew McGarity
http://mcgarity.me