[wp-hackers] "The Matrix Has You" easter egg

Moya, Eddie emoya at tribune.com
Mon Oct 25 15:42:27 UTC 2010

On 10/24/10 4:24 PM, "Eric Mann" <eric at eam.me> wrote:

For the sake of argument, why don't we come up with a list of these
"additional" features that developers might need to turn off for clients,
bundle the code into a drop-in (as opposed to a plug-in), and allow
         developers who need it to just deploy it on their sites?

+1

I just added your code to a plugin I had already written to remove the capital_P_dangit egg. I renamed the plugin "Disable All Easter Eggs". That said, I don't know of any other relevant  easter eggs than the two I just mentioned. A quick google search did not turn up any more eggs that seem to be up-to-date.

If anyone knows of ANY others than the two I just mentioned, please bring it up here so we can figure out a way to turn them off via a plugin.

There needs to be a simple way for people who don't know what a hook is, how to write javascript, can turn these off. Maybe if I care enough, at some point it could have a little interface so you can chose which ones to turn on or off - but for now, they will all get turned off. But if I don't get any feedback, 'All' will constitute just these two.

This is the very least we can do, and possibly the only thing that can be done.

--
Eddie Moya
Applications Developer