[wp-hackers] "The Matrix Has You" easter egg

24/7 24-7 at gmx.net
Mon Oct 25 10:24:52 UTC 2010

I followed this discussion over the previous days and I maybe have a
solution for the easter egg "feature", capital_P_dangit and else, that
will (again: maybe) satisfy both sides: people with clients/non-tech-
savy people who just run a blog and core devs who love to play with
code and hidden features.

There's a "hidden" page, that not too many people are aware of:
http://example.com/wp-admin/options.php?option_group_id=all

If this would be the place for all that options that got discussed
with a lot of emotion over the last days, weeks & month, then people
would only be aware of one hidden "treasure" page. People would still
explore/see the "depth" of wordpress, but could handle this without
having to know how to code (and bringing both sides on one table
always was one of the most priority goals of WordPress).

Just my 2 cent.

Ps. I myself would prefer to have easter eggs like for example Google:
nintendo like keyboard commands (Up, Down, Up, Up, Left, Right, A, B,
Up, A). People are more familiar with stuff like that and feels more
like game and therefore fun.