[wp-hackers] Specific hooks for working with custom post types?

Simon B piemanek at gmail.com
Sun Mar 28 12:39:22 UTC 2010

Hi

I've been learning my way round all the great new support for custom post
types in WordPress 3.0, but just wondering if there are plans to make
specific hooks available, for example when saving a custom post type?

Say I have a custom post type called "case-study", will there be a hook
"save_case-study" (and "delete_case-study", etc)?

If not, what's the best way to check the type of the current post?

At the moment I hook into save_post then check the post type like this:

if ( 'case-study' == $_POST['post_type'] ) {
    # save case-study meta...
}

but not sure if this is the best method.

Thanks
Simon