[wp-hackers] GSOC - widget repository

Stas Sușcov stas at nerd.ro
Sun Mar 28 16:14:47 UTC 2010

În data de Du, 28-03-2010 la 18:41 +0300, scribu a scris:
> I'm not convinced having a distinct repository just for widgets is such a
> good idea.
>
> For example, where do you put a plugin that adds a widget, but also adds an
> additional template tag?
>
> You can easily browse for widgets using the 'widget' tag on the plugin
> repository.

+1 for no additional repo.
BuddyPress plugins has no separate repo, why would widgets need one?
bbPress much probably will become a WordPress plugin in short time, so
far they have just a plugins directory, no separate repo/portal.

What were the original reasons for getting a repository?

--
()  Campania Panglicii în ASCII
/\  http://stas.nerd.ro/ascii/