[wp-hackers] peculiar problem on setting GMT

Silverstein, Jesse Jesse.Silverstein at xerox.com
Wed Apr 15 04:24:35 GMT 2009

It should also be possible to display both the time relative to the post
author and the time relative to the viewing user. It could be as simple
as "17:30 IST (08:00 EST)" where IST is the author's time zone and the
user is viewing from EST. Assuming the query is changed to sort based on
post_date_gmt (which is should be), the author's time should be stored
in post_date, and is easily display (already), then detect users TZ via
JS and calculate from GMT and display both. As one of the options from a
theming standpoint, this gives users both sets of information: "What
time did s/he post this?" & "What time was it here when this was
posted?"

-Jesse Silverstein