[wp-hackers] Dynamically changing the default post when a blog is created

Austin Matzko if.website at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 13:04:54 GMT 2008

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 8:37 AM, David J. Bisset
<dbisset at dimensionmedia.com> wrote:
> In WordPress MU, where is the code that creates a new blog when a new user
> registers for one? I am trying to change the "welcome to xxx. This is your
> first post. Edit or delete it, then start blogging!" message dynamically
> based on certain criteria (I don't want to change the default message in
> admin settings, in other words)?

This message and other default data are set up by calling the
wp_install_defaults function, which can be replaced by one of your own
definition.  One way to take advantage of this might be to add an
include statement to your wp-config.php file that evaluates a file, in
which you have defined a wp_install_defaults function that uses your
customized default text.