[wp-hackers] Uploader to send to different field

Mark Cunningham mark.cunningham at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 22:51:37 GMT 2008

On 15/02/2008, Andre SC <andre at pixelplexus.co.za> wrote:
> Hi
>
>  I'm building a plugin that creates posts (and meta stuff) through a
> customized editing screen that contains a couple of fields in stead of
> the usual content editing field.
>
>  I would like users to be able to use the default uploader to upload
> images etc. as per usual - but want to send the uploaded item's uri to
> one of the custom fields instead. (e.g place  a dropdown  listing
> available fields to send to in the uploader or  something like a upload
> button next to the relevant custom field that uses the normal upload
> behavior/functionality)

Hi Andre,

I have a plugin, tdo mini-forms[1], that allows you to create forms
with any kind of fields you like to make posts. It doesn't currently
support editing of posts (its in my long-term road map) but it does
allow you to upload a file with the post and it has the option to be
added as an attachment and/or as a URI as a custom field. I don't know
how useful it might be to use a reference as it doens't use the
built-in Wordpress uploader (as the intention of my plugin is slightly
different than what I think your intention is).

[1] http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/tdo-mini-forms/
--
http://thedeadone.net
http://irishgamingwiki.com