[wp-hackers] Uploader to send to different field

Andy Skelton skeltoac at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 22:06:48 GMT 2008

On Feb 15, 2008 3:35 PM, Andre SC <andre at pixelplexus.co.za> wrote:
>  I'm building a plugin that creates posts (and meta stuff) through a
> customized editing screen that contains a couple of fields in stead of
> the usual content editing field.
(snip)
>  What's the prognosis for doing this with the new uploader?

I am trying to make the new uploader code as reusable and
plugin-friendly as possible. Your use case won't be directly supported
by a single function call in 2.5. That might happen in a subsequent
release. You will have to replicate several parts of the system
yourself but I am fairly certain that you will be able to make use of
much of the existing code.

After 2.5 is final I'll be happy to answer your questions more thoroughly.

Cheers,
Andy