[wp-hackers] GPL/WP-compatible icon sets?

Alexander Beutl xel at netgra.de
Tue Apr 15 15:37:43 GMT 2008

So you're a lawyer huh?
Both licences are copyleft and want the *whole work* to be under the same
license. You can not put the CC-BY-SA under GPL nor other way round. So you
can not do that.

Here is what the Free Software Foundation says about that:
"Perhaps the most straightforward one [problem] is that they're both
copyleft licenses: each license wants the entire work to be released under
its own terms, so no matter what you do you can't satisfy them both."

found reading this article: http://www.linux.com/feature/119212

Any you can not tell me that the icons bundled and linked are not part of
the theme. Remember: There is LGPL for especially this purpose: To be
includable in non GPL'ed work. No one would have done that if there was no
need for it.