[wp-hackers] GPL/WP-compatible icon sets?

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Tue Apr 15 15:10:04 GMT 2008

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 9:15 AM, Benedict Eastaugh <ionfish at gmail.com> wrote:
> Mark Jaquith doesn't seem to agree with that.

Then he's wrong.

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 9:20 AM,  <zamoose at gmail.com> wrote:
>  I take your point, but then I'm _distributing_ the theme myself, which
>  means I'm under the CC-A/SA restrictions the original author licensed
>  the icons under, thus I can't feasibly claim to be distributing a
>  GPLv2 theme.

Nonsense. The theme is not the icons and the icons are not the theme.
And merely packaging two things in the same compressed file does NOT
force them to be under the same licenses, and any interpretation that
it does is simply silly.

You have permission to distribute the theme and the icons. Whether you
distribute them together or apart is irrelevant.