[wp-hackers] hooks on the Loop

Aaron Brazell emmensetech at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 23:58:22 GMT 2006

On 7/12/06, Andy Skelton <skeltoac at gmail.com> wrote:

> No... you should start dissecting WP_Query with your own two hands.
> It'll be a lot less confusing when you find out what's actually being
> passed around by these filters and how you can affect the process.
>
> Try something like die(print_r($this->request, true)) just before the
> get_results call (maybe line 921) of query.php.
>
> No amount of advice from me or someone else can compare to a little
> first-hand experience.

Thanks, Andy. I appreciate it. But you know... I've dissected WP_Query and
can't find a real reasonable way to get posts that have recent comments.
Heck, even if there was a way to pass a direct query to query_posts() I
could work up some query similar to the dozen and a half "recent comments"
plugins, but I don't even think I can directly pass SQL.

--
Aaron Brazell
Author & Blogger, http://technosailor.com