[wp-hackers] hooks on the Loop

Andy Skelton skeltoac at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 18:20:01 GMT 2006

On 7/12/06, Aaron Brazell <emmensetech at gmail.com> wrote:
> WP_Query then contains every single post ever made? If that's the case,
> pulling out only what I need is simple enough but for whatever reason, I
> didn't think it actually had every post and was limited by the Max posts to
> show on a page option.

No... you should start dissecting WP_Query with your own two hands.
It'll be a lot less confusing when you find out what's actually being
passed around by these filters and how you can affect the process.

Try something like die(print_r($this->request, true)) just before the
get_results call (maybe line 921) of query.php.

No amount of advice from me or someone else can compare to a little
first-hand experience.

Andy