Other Upload Types [was Re: [wp-hackers] svn / upload.php]

Andy Skelton skeltoac at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 18:45:27 GMT 2005

On 10/26/05, Pete Prodoehl <pete.prodoehl at cygnusinteractive.com> wrote:
> Then why was it developed and released with such functionality?

If you mean the file uploading functionality in Strayhorn, I can't
say. When I said "it was never meant..." I was referring to the new
uploading functionality on the 1.6-ALPHA Write pages, which has not
yet been released. Maybe Matt can fill you in on the designs behind
the removal of the Upload page.

> Time for an 'Upload Unsupported File' plugin?

That may be. If it is secure, robust and highly usable (i.e. won't be
a drag to maintain and support) an uploading page might be worth
including in the 1.6 core.

Andy