Other Upload Types [was Re: [wp-hackers] svn / upload.php]

Doug Stewart dstewart at atl.lmco.com
Wed Oct 26 19:22:49 GMT 2005

Andy Skelton wrote:
> On 10/26/05, Pete Prodoehl <pete.prodoehl at cygnusinteractive.com> wrote:
>
>>Then why was it developed and released with such functionality?
>

> If you mean the file uploading functionality in Strayhorn, I can't
> say. When I said "it was never meant..." I was referring to the new
> uploading functionality on the 1.6-ALPHA Write pages, which has not
> yet been released. Maybe Matt can fill you in on the designs behind
> the removal of the Upload page.
>

>>Time for an 'Upload Unsupported File' plugin?
>

> That may be. If it is secure, robust and highly usable (i.e. won't be
> a drag to maintain and support) an uploading page might be worth
> including in the 1.6 core.
>
> Andy

How about we just let the blog owners specify their own supported file
extensions like in previous versions?  What, pray tell, was wrong with
that system?

Also, some way of uploading theme-related files is an oft-requested
feature among my hosted blogs.  Any notions of adding such a thing, sans
plugins?

--
Doug Stewart
dstewart at atl.lmco.com