[wp-forums] cyberhalitosis?

Ipstenu the Half-Elf ipstenu at halfelf.org
Sun Nov 30 18:50:58 UTC 2014

Okay, look. Stop being paranoid, and stop trying to guess why it
happens. Cause if anyone knows, it MIGHT be Otto, but I suspect he
doesn't either.

1) The Forums use Akismet

2) There are thousands of posts a day

3) A small percentage of people will trigger things based on how often
they post, what they posts, how many links are in a post, and rabid
hamsters being drunk in Akismet.

It happens to, literally, everyone at some point in time. You, me, everyone.

Jackie: You're not flagged as a spammer in any way shape or form in the
forums. There's nothing to worry about. It's just stupid code being
inexact and flagging a post. The whole reason we don't auto-turf spam is
because we KNOW it's not exact :)

Andrew: I would find it SO unlikely that saying the name of a company
would do that... Unless you're seeing every mention of 1&1 sent to spam,
it's probably a combination of all the various things, which just
happens and cannot be prevented.

Y'all are caring about this more than you should. If it happens, we'll
notice and clean it out like we always do :)

humans behind the system :)