[wp-forums] And we have another 3.9.1 localization issue

Stephen Edgar stephen at netweb.com.au
Fri May 9 19:38:05 UTC 2014

 There are a couple of ways to build these localisation packages and one way is to use a WordPress Core Revision eg r28182 (Core repo, not the develop repo) and if you build against the wrong revision your deployed localisation package will include all changesets up to that revision.

I do not know what revision the en_GB package was built against though there is a possibility the package could have been created and deployed against any revision including SVN HEAD resulting in a release named 3.9.1 that effectively would be identical to WordPress /trunk.

Nacin via Polyglots: "3.9.x releases will be the last set of releases with all of these hoops to jump though. It’ll be made much easier in the coming few weeks/months."

So the automated checks to ensure this doesn't happen in the future are on their way but this can still be an issue during the remaining 3.9.x (and 3.7.x and 3.8.x) localisation packages deployed and not fully tested by the humans that made them.

Cheers,

Stephen Edgar
WordPress Australian English (en_AU) localisation maintainer... s not z ;)

>>> http://blackwidows.co.uk