[wp-forums] Is There a Forum To-Do List (and can I help?)

Jan Dembowski jan at dembowski.net
Fri May 9 12:16:26 UTC 2014

On Fri, May 9, 2014 at 7:35 AM, it's EMG wrote:

<SNIP and sorry to read about the foot injury>

Specifically, go through the forums and - especially for the threads
> landing in the wrong forums or threads not tagged correctly or tagged at
> all - do some tag-gardening to help with forum organization while I'm
> answering the questions I can.
>
> Would this be a good idea?  Given how - everywhere - questions are being
> posted (sometimes and frequently not quite the right places which lowers a
> thread's visibility to the right people), I thought it could be useful.

I myself don't think it would hurt but I don't think that would be that
that productive IMHO. The tags assist people in finding things or on
plugin/theme cases helps the author or interested people find the topics
they can assist in.

If you've time (now that's a loaded question! ;) ) can you take a look at
the no replies link?

https://wordpress.org/support/view/no-replies

If you see a topic that you want to take a try at then that's a great place
to help and you may help someone out of a hole they're in.

If you have a test installation and some time then some of those plugin
topics can help you learn about filters and actions (one of my favorite
WordPress features) _and_ resolve some of those plugin topics.

> That said, in general, if there is a Forum To-Do list that is being worked
> on, is there anything in particular I can help with?

I'm not aware of such a list but https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ may have
something there like that. I don't spend enough time in any Trac myself...

Thanks,

Jan Dembowski