[wp-forums] new user asking for email answer

AlexJ alex_alex1114 at yahoo.com
Tue May 6 06:37:53 UTC 2014

I got the fallowing messge from a user that was created same day with the message, it has an email address inside it and it looks to me as a email harvesting scheme. The thread doesn't have the reply anymore (it is a 6 months old thread) so I'm gassing it was modarated by some admin, I thought I should send this to the mailing list and you'll know if there is anything to do about it.

Shouldn't the email addresses be automatically removed from threads? and threads notification e-mails? Just wondering...

Thanks and here is the message:

"sarah2baby wrote:

Hello dear,
How are you today, my name is Sarah, i saw your profile which really get me very interested to knowing you more. I would appreciate if we get to know ourselves as soon as possible as i have something serious to discuss with you. You can pls contact me on my personal email address( sarah123paul at yahoo.com ) so that i will tell you more about myself also.
your,Sarah paul

Read this post on the forums: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/anybody-available-for-cafee-in-brasov?replies=2#post-5539825

You're getting this email because you subscribed to 'Anybody available for cafee in Brasov?.'
Please click the link above, login, and click 'Unsubscribe' at the top of the page to stop receiving emails from this topic."