[wp-forums] Nofollow

Mark Riley mark at automattic.com
Thu Jun 19 09:58:04 UTC 2014

On a user profile page the Website link is tagged as nofollow.
When that user posts to the forum the site is linked from their name and it
does not have the nofollow tag.
Any links they place inside their posts are also without nofollow.
Is that how it should be?

I ask because I see some users replying with what are for the most part
just filler replies - not an actual solution. I have also seen a fair
number of problems said to be in wp-admin and the blog looks
affiliate/spammy. So I am wondering if people could be using the forum as
part of their backlink strategy.
Or maybe I’m just too suspicious..

M.