[wp-forums] Just bozo'd this plugin author

esmi at quirm dot net esmi at quirm.net
Tue Jun 17 20:59:45 UTC 2014

<https://wordpress.org/support/profile/dot07>

For the following comment to a perfectly innocent reviewer (and
resulting arguments) in
<https://wordpress.org/support/topic/wow-simply-amazing?replies=11>

<quote>
  We have been informed that the policy WordPress moderators are using
is to remove reviews of people who just sign up to review, review on the
same day they sign up, and they don't participate in the forums.

We understand that users come from all over the world and from other
websites where they may be participating, but sign up to express their
opinions about plugins. But, WordPress moderators seem to be using a
guide that doesn't take that into consideration. So, please to become a
participant in the forums here so that the time you have taken to
register and post your review doesn't get wasted.
</quote>

Seems he had a slap on the wrist via email from the plugin review team
for sock puppetry - hence his statement about this "new policy". And he
seems to be deliberately ignoring the distinction between forum policy
and decisions taken by the plugin review team on a case-by-case basis.

I think he definitely needs watching over the next few weeks to see if
he continues trying spread this idea of a new policy.

Mel
--
http://quirm.net
http://blackwidows.co.uk