[wp-forums] FW: FW: Using the forums for contacting people outside of the forums

Half-Elf on Tech ipstenu at halfelf.org
Mon Jan 27 18:02:45 UTC 2014

Mike: Chip wasn't attempting to be mean or call you names, he was trying
to explain things. Please try to assume good faith and that we actually
are trying to be helpful here :) I promise, we are attempting to answer
you questions, show you where your assumption, while understandable, was
incorrect, and move forward.

Speaking of moving forward in a way that is progressive to the
situation, I've amended the forum mailing list bit on the welcome. It's
longer, which y'all know I hate (the more 'rules' we have to make the
more of a PITA life is), but in this case, I think it's a little more
explanatory: http://codex.wordpress.org/Forum_Welcome#Forum_Mailing_List

"Note that the mailing list is for discussing issues with the support
forum itself, rather than for posting your problems with WordPress. It's
primarily used by forum moderators and other regular volunteers for
discussion of code and behavioral issues on the forums. While the list
is public for anyone to join or read, it's intended use is for the
people who volunteer to make the forum better to communicate more easily."

Also removed that annoying ending a sentence with a preposition bit. We
all have things that annoy us!

Remember the OP? If he was confused, let us address that issue so that
the next guy doesn't have the same problem!