[wp-forums] FW: FW: Using the forums for contacting people outside of the forums

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Mon Jan 27 16:39:21 UTC 2014

It's not a contradiction, though the wording could possibly use some
clarification. Put the two together and the intent should be obvious: this
mailing-list is for discussing administration/moderation/operation of the
support forums, and NOT for general (WordPress) user support. But if
*forum* users need *forum* user support, the mailing list is appropriate
for that purpose.

*WordPress* support and *forum* support are two different things, and
cannot be conflated. Only in conflating them do you find a contradiction
where none otherwise exists - and it comes across as an attempt to split
hairs in order to be argumentative, which doesn't help resolve anything.