[wp-forums] FW: Using the forums for contacting people outside of the forums

Ipstenu the Half-Elf ipstenu at halfelf.org
Mon Jan 27 15:38:43 UTC 2014

I have never forgotten the OP. I FIGHT FOR THE USERS. This is actually
why I have a Flynn Lives poster - to remind me 24/7 that's what I do. It
is, literally, my job :)

OPs post was closed because it went off the rails, and the ONLY THING
Drew did wrong was to not mention "Hey, OP, sorry this went into a
shit-storm, can you repost?" He'll learn. We all make mistakes. That's
why I found OPs followup post and -APOLOGIZED- about exactly that before
you emailed, so don't think you were the impetus.

http://codex.wordpress.org/Forum_Welcome is linked too from the front
page. Don't tell me they're not published. Tell me they're not READ and
I'm in agreement, but we posted them on the front page of the forums. We
can't force people to read 'em, which is why we link to them when they
come up.

This email list clearly says it's for moderators by the way:

Go to http://codex.wordpress.org/Mailing_Lists and it says "The
WordPressSupport Forum Volunteers
<http://codex.wordpress.org/Support_Forum_Volunteers>work hard to help
users answer questions about WordPress. Discussions pertaining to
providing support to users and WordPress Forum issues and activities are
found in the WordPress Support Forum Mailing list."

So I'm sorry, but while I understand your point of view, I disagree with
it. This forum is for the mods to discuss forum issues as they come up.
Always has been. The forums themselves are for people who need help with
WordPress, and yes, that is absolutely first in all of our minds :)
That's why this mailing list is not on the forums, but stepped away.

Mika A Epstein (aka Ipstenu)
http://ipstenu.org | http://halfelf.org