[wp-forums] 'Common Sense' Mod Rules when reviewing forum post that says 'me too'

Mike Turner miketurnermk at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 20 18:51:59 UTC 2014

ooh, looking at it now it looks really obvious but for some reason it doesn't stand out.  Perhaps that option could be moved 'Somewhere' ...I don't know.

I've taken your feedback on board, and thanks for your replies everyone.  I'm not out to attack anyone but just to provide some feedback, unfortunately it is difficult to set 'tone' via email.

I'll leave you guys with one final piece of feedback and that is simply 'consistency in moderating'.  As I've said, I've been an active user of the forums for over a year now and 'mainly' find them very helpful (the biggest pain for me has been that there isn't a search feature and I often find myself hitting ctrl-F to find some text on page 1, clicking next and repeating etc to see if it's already been posted somewhere).

I've had plenty of posts where I've both chipped in (where it was the exact same issue) to contribute to the issue resolution and I've seen many posts where other people have done the same.  I've seen plugin authors direct people to raise new requests if its something different and THEY want a new ticket raising.   If you guys are 'upping your game' a little in how you moderate then fine, but please please please be consistent.  If you're going to be enforcing this type of thing, then I hope to see everyone doing it, and if you do, then don't forget that I provided some warning of the type of backlash that you'll probably get from the community on this particular topic ;)

Thanks again!

Mike