[wp-forums] Many reviews about the commercial version of 1 plugin

Mika A Epstein ipstenu at ipstenu.org
Tue Jan 14 19:00:57 UTC 2014

This SHOULD be posted to wp-forums :) I already poked Jan about it, but
the ONLY reasons you should NOT post there is because it's a
super-sensitive issue that CANNOT be public. Like .. if Jan was
harassing someone. So I'm bringing it to the list. Hi everyone.

http://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/download-manager?filter=1
- link for all the 1stars

I'm torn about it. Yes, a review about the pro version is less
appropriate for the forums, and strictly speaking SHOULD be removed. But
then you see this:

> Free version is a joke and after paying $45 for the full version we
> discovered it conflicts with just about every other plugin we have
> installed.
Which actually is important to know. I'm inclined to let them ride since
if 'upgrading' breaks everything, people should know before they buy,
and if the upgrade path is THROUGH the plugin (which I have to double
check now, yaaaaay) then it's doubly important for wporg :/

--
Mika A Epstein (aka Ipstenu)
http://ipstenu.org | http://halfelf.org