[wp-forums] Use of wordpress

Dion Hulse (dd32) wordpress at dd32.id.au
Fri Feb 21 02:27:17 UTC 2014

No, we're referring to the same things more or less. It's just that the
.org Plugin repo also has requirements that go above the Trademark
requirements (ie. cannot include 'wordpress' within the plugin slug) - All
the plugins in there have to abide by the trademark rules as well.

So; I was answering the "I want to use WordPress within the name of my mod,
is that okay?" angle, which is an additional question to "Can I add a
plugin to the .org repo which has 'WordPress' in it's name - and my
response is basically, "Check the guidelines, that's the official answer
for your question"

I'm not making the call that "Using 'WordPress' as part of your plugin name
is against the trademark", although if it doesn't abide by the requirements
to utilise the trademark it wouldn't be allowed.