[wp-forums] Use of wordpress

Ipstenu the Half-Elf ipstenu at halfelf.org
Fri Feb 21 01:46:28 UTC 2014

Dion, I think we're talking slightly different things here. Which is
we're both right :)

Trademark is trademark and you're right. But in so far as "Can I name my
product Dancing Monkeys for WordPress?" goes, sure you can! :D Call a
'mod' (extension/plugin) on a another site that? Whatevers. Name your
wp-admin account 'wordpress' (don't, please, it's as safe as admin).

IIRC you can even sell it.

I was, to clarify, only answering the question with regards to "What can
I name my plugin in the WP.Org repo?"

Answer: Anything within reason, but you can't have 'wordpress' or
'plugin' in the folder name.