[wp-forums] Fwd: Unable to delete posts

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Sat Feb 1 19:05:32 UTC 2014

I'm not having any problems personally *but* we are just now starting to
make a lot of SSL changes live. All admin functions are now SSL-only. Any
non-SSL links to do admin stuffs that might still be around just won't work.

So, my recommendation to everybody having problems:

1. Delete all your WordPress.org cookies. Sorry. New protocol means new
cookies.

2. Begin to visit the WordPress.org site *only* via SSL. You can even use
HTTPS-Everywhere if you like.

3. Eventually, we'll be 100% SSL, period. So you might as well start trying
it now and actively helping us find the broken stuff.

Most things should be all working now. We're forcing SSL on our test
systems and I've been using it that way for a week or two. So we're
actively looking for those "broken locks" and other places where things
ain't working quite right. You can report any issues to me and we'll start
sorting them out.

BTW, I know the plugins directory isn't all happy with SSL yet, don't
bother me with that, working on it. The themes directory should be
good-to-go though.

-Otto