[wp-forums] Puppet reviews again

Jan Dembowski jan at dembowski.net
Wed Aug 20 13:09:10 UTC 2014

On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 4:16 AM, andrew nevins <andrew.nevins.misc at gmail.com
> wrote:

> On the opposite note, for that same plugin, are there some puppet accounts
> for bad reviews?
> There are multiple IPs with 1 star reviews, starting with: "36.37.237
> <https://wordpress.org/support/bb-admin/posts.php?poster_ip=36.37.237.202
> >"
> but ending with something else. If they are the same person then perhaps
> that can be investigated to see if this is a competitor plugin author/
> contributor.

Those get zapped too. The odds of someone being on the same subnet on the
Internet like that and leaving a review... they're sock puppets too and
those reviews get deleted and those fake accounts get blocked too.

And I just want to note as well that the search by IP function in BBadmin
> never works for me, I get no results.

It's a big query and it times out. ;)

Jan Dembowski