[wp-forums] FYI - bozo'd user

esmi at quirm dot net esmi at quirm.net
Tue Sep 10 15:50:07 UTC 2013

on 10/09/2013 16:38 Jan Dembowski said the following:
> IMHO not unreasonable, but there are a lot of posts where people will want
> someone to go and make edits or delete topics. That really could turn into
> a full time job; requests like that should be discouraged.

+100

> Unless there is a threat of violence (that's what extreme means in these
> cases) then it's just a link.

I do recall editing a whole stack of topics for a female user who was
being stalked a while ago. And we also pulled proprietary code that
someone had posted when they got a threatening email. So we do take the
extreme situations really seriously but "I don't want this link
appearing in google" is just trivial. And there's no way we want to open
the floodgates to that one.

Mel
--
http://quirm.net