[wp-forums] moderation of dopple-topple / victor8788

mrmist listswpforum at mist.org.uk
Tue Jun 4 07:10:40 UTC 2013

Hello.

I'm a little confused at the moderation of dopple-topple. ( see
http://wordpress.org/support/topic/how-to-exclude-category-from-loop?replies=11#post-4267295
).  This chap is blocked now.  I can understand bozoing in order to stop
the flow of replies into the thread, but blocking seems a bit odd.  A
quick look back through his posts suggests that the guy has been acting
with reasonable intent, prior to the "exclude category from loop" thing
blowing up.

Is the plan to leave him blocked?

The guy ended up contacting me through my web site because he felt he'd
been unfairly treated.  Based on what I've seen I think a decision to
mute him for a while is fine, but I can't see a basis for blocking
dopple-topple.  (I can see a basis for blocking victor8788, because it
was created to work around a mute).

We have to be careful not to be seen as overbearing.  The reaction here
is not one where a chap is being hostile and flooding the forum, it's
one where the chap doesn't understand why his posts are disappearing,
because no-one has told him.

mrmist.