[wp-forums] Thoughts on the share-and-follow plugin support system

Francisco de Azevedo frandeazevedo at gmail.com
Mon May 14 18:19:42 UTC 2012

@Otto: Cool! I think it is really useful to know that because there are a
couple of threads in the forums where people are wondering about this:
http://wordpress.org/support/topic/share-and-follow-deleted
http://wordpress.org/support/topic/share-and-follow-plugin-where-is-it

@Mika: Thanks for sharing your opinion. This situation seemed a little in
the gray area to me, so I wanted to see if I was maybe making a big deal
out of this. I think in my case I just can't abide by this practice since I
find it rather sketchy, so I don't think I'll keep using the plugin or
recommending it for that matter.
Do you think WP users should be informed of this? Because the plugin author
seems to only have informed about this change in his "support strategy" on
his site. Suddenly, "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" series comes to
mind. I wonder why... ;-)