[wp-forums] Dhoppe at it again

Mika A Epstein ipstenu at ipstenu.org
Wed Mar 14 15:33:09 UTC 2012

I'll had to install his plugin and see how atrocious these 'ads' are. I mean, Yoast's got some on his SEO plugin, but if you look at them they are appropriate, tasteful, and easy to ignore. (I did donate, though)

http://cl.ly/3P3x3e2Y0J1d3G192V2y

Honestly, that's what I'd consider fine. He's upselling the pro-version, but in a non-agressive (if eye-rolling) way.

The banner/textlink ads in that guideline means a little more like 'Don't put Google Ads in your plugin admin screen, morons.'  Notice how it falls under Rule 7: "No "phoning home" without user's informed consent. This seemingly simple rule actually covers several different aspects:"

----
Mika A Epstein (aka Ipstenu)
http://ipstenu.org