[wp-forums] Is it possible to set featured images from URL?

Mika A Epstein ipstenu at ipstenu.org
Sun Jul 1 23:38:02 UTC 2012

Not possible.

Featured images have to be uploaded to your site for the kinda obvious reason of resizing :) Also hotlinking, and the way themes integrate with featured images.

Since it 'reuses' the normal uploader screen, the from URL tab is still there.

It'd be nice if we could remove that tab, but the whole featured image workflow is a little borked :/

----
Mika A Epstein (aka Ipstenu)
http://ipstenu.org | http://halfelf.org