[wp-forums] Commercial support on the WordPress forums?

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Fri Dec 28 14:52:49 UTC 2012

Related, and out of curiosity: is there any feasible way to *require* a
Theme or Plugin support topic to indicate the Theme or Plugin to which the
topic applies - and then *segregate* the topics accordingly?

I know that the Theme/Plugin-specific support forums do this, but not
everyone uses them. Also, it would be a significant help to know at a
glance if a given topic applies to a WPORG-hosted Theme/Plugin, or not.

Two potential uses:

 - A sub-forum for non-hosted Themes/Plugins
 - Auto-responses for commercial Themes/Plugins (explanation for why
they're not supported, link to appropriate support forum, auto-closure)

Just an idea...

Chip