[wp-forums] Thread layout borked

mrmist listswpforum at mist.org.uk
Thu Apr 5 11:14:51 UTC 2012

"Be Careful what you wish for" comes to mind.

I think we could have a red flashing siren that goes off whenever someone
starts a thread and people would still post code directly into their
topics. Maybe what we actually need to do is be like twitter - limit the
overall volume of text that people can post.  That'll soon get people to
figure out what to do when they hit limits.

On another note, I'm not sure that we benefit greatly from shifting "hack
code" onto other sites.  If someone posts hack code into a thread, we can
edit it out.  If someone posts hack code into a pastebin and links to it,
we can't go and remove that paste. (We can remove the link, of course, but
that's not brilliant in the wider scheme of things.)  The problem we're
trying to solve is "get people not to post that stuff at all", and then,
see paragraph 1.

mrmist.