[wp-forums] Support for Premium Themes?

Francisco de Azevedo frandeazevedo at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 14:27:29 UTC 2012

Hello everyone.
A while back, I helped out in this thread:
http://wordpress.org/support/topic/rockwell-theme-titlelogo?replies=11#post-2731182
where the user was having problems with his premium theme. Apparently,
there is now someone else having the same issue.

Now, what made me uncomfortable then and is increasingly making me
uncomfortable lately, is the following:
Premium developers charge good money for their products, and most of them
offer limited or lifetime support to their customers as a package-deal.
Should THEY be the ones providing support to their customers on the forums?
I mean, why would we unpaid volunteers, helpers, contributors, and mods
offer these people a free workforce for their paid products?
Also, what is the standard policy about this: should users be instructed to
seek support from their developers?
I would love to hear your thoughts on this matter.
Thanks!