[wp-forums] Heads up - Denis Hoppe

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Sun Nov 13 04:09:50 UTC 2011

Probably off-topic for wp-forums, but it would be really nice if there were
some explicit guidelines on this point. Several Plugins now "advertise" in
the Dashboard by adding RSS feeds (which IMO is sub-optimal), but putting
donate/up-sell nags anywhere outside of the Plugin's own settings page
should absolutely be prohibited.

(Of course, I think that JetPack's nags go too far, too...)

Back on-topic: that guy's responses to end users (as linked by Mika) are
utterly unacceptable. I'm not sure why he's even still allowed to post
after that "your mom" reply.

Would anyone have a problem if I responded to these threads, showing people
the one line that needs to be commented-out in the Plugin, in order to make
all of the upsell crap go away?

Chip